Friday, April 6, 2007

Bring it

Just to prove that the doldrums don't rule my life, they simply sway all the elections, I DID run today, 1 mile up hill. 15 minutes including walking for warm-up. I also did minimal arms and legs, and sat in the steam room with all my clothes on. I slept relatively late, and had a hard time waking up even while running, but I have high hopes for good times tonight, so I am waking up in spurts. When I was running, at about .75 mile I started to really slow down, and felt too tired to keep going. But then my mind wandered away from the mirror reflection, past the 40 blaring TV screens and even dodged the piped 80s classics to settle on the image of curls- curls hanging like babylon, looping around nibblest ears, curls under and through my fingertips. The curls of the fella I'm seeing tonight, though the prospect of touching curls is far off, considering our past. But the curls floated in front of me, and before I knew it I was bumping against the treadmill bar, running too fast for the rotating ground beneath me. I punched in a higher speed, and ran the rest of the mile catching my legs up to my skippin heartbeat. I felt guilty only for a second; so my runner's high is passion. Big surprise. I look forward to a motivating evening.

No comments: