Monday, April 16, 2007

My personal trainer broke me

So today I met with my personal trainer for the first time. She is very nice; which is to say that she has the excat same personality I did when I was 17. Exactly. Frozen in time. Which wasn't a bad person, in fact, I think it was when I was still a really cute person. Dull- but cute. The only problem with her having the same personality I had when I was 17 is that she is 45. Which makes for some awkward moments when I say more mature (read: jaded) things as a joke, and she looks at me with these innocent shattering eyes. "Really" she asks, to my saying that of course the society of Star Trek the Next Generation is a wonderful idea, but implausible. "No, not really. Of course that could happen." I just can't bear to break her heart. It would be like finding my 4 year old self and saying that there is a Santa Clause, but he hates you.
On the exercise front, I had a really bad knee today because of the weather-- ok ok MAYBE I inflammed it a LITTLE bit by carrying 8 gallons of paint through 14 blocks in the rain-- but whatever the reason I showed up for our first time already a little soar and creaky. Our exercises did not seem to help, as I limped the whole way home. I hope I haven't done anything permanent and stupid. Or permanently stupid.

No comments: