Monday, April 2, 2007

On your mark

I ran for the first time in a long time today, in an effort to begin my triathlon training. So I started with a mile, up hill. Well, up tread-hill. It took me 13 minutes, though I walked for the 1st 3 minutes, so I suppose that's a 10 minute mile. Very pathetic. I felt I could've kept going after the mile, but not by much. Thank god for the basketball cuties in their skins playing in front of me, or I wouldn't have made the 1/2 mile. Motivation is key.
I also made a google calendar and strategized a running schedule while on jury duty yesterday, so my cell phone will ping me into guilty remberance of my goal. Jai and Matt seem to be enthusiastic to get running too, so hopefully I'll have the guilt of friends, (what you non-new yorkers call "support" I believe) to push me along. Planning to run 2wice in the work week and 1 on the weekends for 35 minutes. Planning is key.
And of course, because I am a woman, I bought running shoes as the final push. And because I am a teacher, I bought them at Payless. Cheap shoes are key.

No comments: